I want my photos to be seen and I want you to enjoy them as much as I do. Every photo on this site links to the gallery which contains the full resolution of the corresponding photo. Feel free to download it and use it as a wallpaper for your desktop. And if you really, really like it, don’t forget to tell your family and friends:). By the way, I also don’t do watermarks, I find them distracting.
Long time ago I decided to allow two ways of using my photos. This creates a nice balance between the cost of creating and sharing them with you and making them as available as possible:
Creative Commons License
You are allowed:
- to Share: to copy, distribute and transmit the work
- to Remix: to adapt the work
Under the following conditions:
- Attribution — Attribution to Roman Betík and StillGlimmers.com must be made along with the photo.
- Noncommercial — You may not use this work for commercial purposes under any circumstances.
Here are some samples of what is accepted as a Creative Commons license usage:
- Blog post or online article about some interesting place.
- Setting an image as a background on your computer.
- School project about photography.
License to copyright
Commercial use of my photos is allowed only if expressly granted by me (Roman Betík). Every commercial usage will incur a license fee. The fee is usually based on criteria such as the media (print, web), distribution size (number of copies, viewing audience), exposure (local, national, international), length of use (1 year, 2 years, more years), prominence of display (full page, billboard, iPad app background).
If you wish to license any of my photos, please send me an e-mail to rbetik(at)gmail.com and I’ll be happy to help you.
Samples of usage which require a copyright license:
- Wallpaper in mobile (iPhone, iPad, Android) app
- Advertisement campaign of any form
- Background image on a travel agency website
- Printing an image for use in your home or in a public place